Welcome

Hi
Thanks for visiting our blog. Enjoy.

Colette

Sunday 3 January 2010

Caoimhe



Our new addition to the family arrived her name is Caoimhe pronounced kee va. It is Irish Gaelic and mean gentle, graceful, and beautiful. How cute is she!She was born in the Dogs Trust at West Calder. He Mum returned home and Dad was re homed. I have been wanting a Saffordshire Bull Terrier for a long time, came to understand and adore the breed after training obedience and pet sitting a few. Staffy rescue were involved in re homing the pups and after having had a pup reserved from Babworth animal shelter in Nottingham for four weeks, the woman decided a week before I was going to pick her up I was not getting her as I had a entire male Border Collie. Thankfully Staffy rescue and dogs trust realised I was not stupid and being a responsible BC breeder, my own doggy business, and a pack of six, collie staffy pups was a ridiculous thought. I am so glad Caoimhe is here. She is no different to any other pup I have had or trained. The only difference is the attitude of people towards her. I know only to well the reputation they have and the reasons for the reputation. They are a breed that are abused by so called owners who burn them with cigs and starve them make them fight to protect the illicit drug use of the owners. It is so sad, all dogs have the same potential to harm. It is how you bring them up, just like kids, the difference is the dogs only want to please us in any way they can. Friends have made comments and my skin is getting thicker and I try and laugh of the comments about the "killer" dog. In truth I want to tell them they should know better being part of the doggy world.

From Caoimhe and I See the dog not the breed is our motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment